Medical Administrative Assistant
The Iqaluit Dental Clinic is looking for a Medical Administrative Assistant for a permanent position. Our clinic offers general dentistry, emergency services and customized care (cosmetic, preventative, restorative) based on the individual needs and conditions of our patients. Interested applicants must hold a relevant college degree and should have relevant experience in a health service.
Qualifications for the job
- High level of autonomy and cultural sensitivity
- Native English level / Knowledge of French and/or Inuktitut are an asset
- Relevant diploma (college degree is a minimum)
- Proven administrative experience in a similar environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a highly effective medical team
- Comfortable with learning new software & technologies
Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments with patients
- Receive and communicate correspondence and messages for medical staff and patients
- Pre-Interview of patients in order to complete registration, forms and case histories, including insurance and other claims forms
- Prepare and protect confidential medical files and records, including electronically based medical report
- Schedule meetings, prepare draft reports and agendas and take, transcribe and distribute reports to all related parties
- Prepare financial statements and records and invoicing, prepare documents for review
- Establish and maintain various internal office administrative support procedures such as document tracking and filing and monthly reporting
- Order supplies/equipment and maintain inventory of such
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Supervise and train other staff in the clinic’s procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Job location: 621, Queen Elizabeth, Iqaluit, Nunavut
Wage: 61.000 annually or as per experience. Annual raises and bonuses to be determined as per performance and profitability.
Benefits: Vacation 10 days/year, dental insurance. All benefits/standards required by the local and territorial authorities (statutory holidays, etc).
Required language: English
Interested applicants must send their resume to email@example.com. Please note that we will only contact the candidates who are selected for the next steps of the qualification process. We thank you for your understanding.